Food Service Plan Review Procedure
- Contact the Johnson County Health Department at 317-346-4365. Please review and complete the following forms.
- Plan Review Application
- Plan Review Questionnaire
- Food License Application
- Food Handler Certification Requirements
- The Web site for the RETAIL FOOD ESTABLISHMENT SANITATION REQUIREMENTS TITLE 410 IAC 7-24
- Submit the following permit application materials to:
Johnson County Health Department
86 W. Court St.
Franklin, IN 46131
- Plan Review Application with the appropriate fee (example under 3,000 sq.ft. $50.00)
- Plan Review Questionnaire: This must be completed before a plan review will be conducted.
- Floor plan, scale-drawn showing all equipment, floor finishes, plumbing and lighting
- Specification sheets for all equipment
Upon receipt of the required material, a health department representative will review the plans and respond within 30 days.
- Construction inspection: Periodic inspections may be conducted to ensure that the construction is following the approved plans.
- Pre-opening inspection: When your facility is completely operational contact the health department to schedule your opening inspection. The facility must be free of all construction debris and be ready to serve customers. Please allow a (1) week notice for an inspection.
- Pay food license fee to the Johnson County Health Department: The food license application must be filled out and paid before the establishment may begin to sell food to the public. Failure to pay prior to opening the food establishment will result in the fee being doubled. The health department inspectors cannot accept money in the field, however, payment may be mailed or brought into the office located at 86 W. Court Street, Franklin, IN 46131
All Payments Are Final and Non-Refundable
*The Johnson County Health Department reserves the right to require additional information.